Sunday, April 24, 2005

 

Feeble excuses for not voting...

1. "All politicians are liars, I don't want any of them".

So.. we'll just go for anarchy starting May 6th then shall we? You'll just have to make the best of a bad bunch. Or if you really honestly do want to say they all suck, then go and spoil your paper. If you just don't turn up, politicians are not going to think it's because of your principled views on the state of politics today and reform their dishonest ways - they're just going to think you can't be arsed.


2. "I don't know anything about all that stuff".

So, find out, you lazy bugger! Spend the half an hour you were going to dedicate to hollyoaks. Or do it at work. If you live in oxford east, here's some links: results last time, labour bloke, tory woman, lib dem bloke.


3. "I don't feel I know enough about it, I don't understand all the economy stuff".

You don't have to know every statistic and every policy detail to claim your right to vote. I don't know anything about football, but I'll still fight for my chair in the pub during the world cup - be a tourist, have a go. It doesn't matter if you pick the wrong guy this time - you can always choose a different one in 4 years! Better to have a go, than pout on the sidelines.

Think of all the idiots out there who will vote - do you really want to leave it to them to choose?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?